Coronado Playhouse SummerCamp 2017
Disney’s THE LION KING Jr.
JUNE 19-JUNE 29, 2017
Join Rayme Sciaroni in an intensive two-week workshop of Disney’s The Lion King, Jr. where participants will work to create an full production of this extremely popular and much-loved show. This focused workshop – learning lines, music and dancing – will culminate into a final performance to share with family and friends. The fast-paced rehearsals up to performance will bring together all the elements that go to make up a true theatrical experience. Participants will hone their skills in improvising, costuming, creating props and creative and imaginative play by using anything we can find either in the room or bring from home to help tell this story. Disney’s The Lion King, Jr. workshop is a wonderful opportunity to learn new ideas and offer rich tools that will benefit participants greatly in any future theatrical experience that these young performers choose to pursue.
- Coronado Playhouse SummerCamp 2017: Disney’s The Lion King Jr.
- Monday, June 19 – Thursday, June 29, 2017 (not Saturday, 24 or Sunday, 25 June)
- Class times start promptly at 9:00 am and run until 2:30 pm Monday-Friday
- There will be a 1-hour lunch break each day.
Participants are responsible for bringing their own lunch, snacks and drinks (including bottled water). Coronado Playhouse does not provide any kind of food or drink what so ever.
- Early Drop Off and Late Pick Up are NOT available. We ask that arrangements are made so that all campers be picked up on time
- Camp Location: Coronado Playhouse, 1835 Strand Way, Coronado, CA 92118
- Campers will perform Disney’s The Lion King Jr. for an audience of parents, friends and family on Thursday, June 29 at 12:00 pm (noon) at Coronado Playhouse
SIGN UP FOR THE LION KING Jr.
- Campers must be between 8 and 14 (inclusive) years old at the time of the camp to participate
- Camp Rates: $225:00 per camper – all inclusive
- Full and partial scholarships available – please ask before signing up (see below**)
- Any discounts must be taken at the time of the order; no retroactive discounts or refunds/credits will be granted.
** For more information about CPH’s SummerCamp 2017 and to ask about student scholarships, please contact Coronado Playhouse Theatre Manager, Katy Skyrud at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our box office on 619-435-4856
CPH 2017 SummerCamp Teaching Artist
RAYME SCIARONI (director & musical director) Not a stranger to Coronado Playhouse, Rayme made his debut as director/musical director/choreographer for Mistletoe, Music & Mayhem at CPH that he also co-wrote. He recently won an Aubrey Award for best choreography on his production of Sugar which he also directed. Having a passion for sharing his skills with young Beings throughout San Diego county, he recently directed/musical directed Legally Blonde at San Diego Creative and Performing Arts High School. Before that, a successful stint as artistic director at San Diego Junior Theatre. His work in the local theatrical and cabaret scene is well known from here and across to New York City where he boasts original songs in the 2nd longest running Off-Broadway show, Naked Boys Singing! His most recent writing accomplishment comes in his first published novel, the 5 time award winning Dinner for God – a story of inspiration that includes a CD of five original songs that are interwoven into the plot. (Available at Amazon, Kindle, Nook and Audible.com) He has produced 2 original piano solo CD’s, A Quiet Kind of Christmas and Paisley Piano. (www.raymemusic.com) For more information about Rayme, his projects and a way to contact him, go to: www.dinnerforgod.com